As faith leaders we are called to proclaim the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27) and the truth about His attributes, His will, His works, and His way of salvation. We are to teach believers not only to know the truth, but to live it as salt and light in this culture according to Matthew 5:13. Twice a year Christian citizens across this country have the opportunity/privilege to elect leaders who more closely align with their biblical values.
We agree with the following statements and recommend www.WeBelieveWeVote.com as an excellent resource for voters in our congregations. Look at their Evaluation Process and Core Beliefs. If you agree, please let Cary Snow, WBWV Director [509-991-9044; Cary@WeBelieveWeVote.com], know and he will add your name to the list of pastors who are encouraging their congregations to use the voter resources at www.WeBelieveWeVote.com.
Suggested bulletin announcement: “As Christian citizens we have the privilege and duty to vote our biblical values by [date of election]. While not endorsing any candidate, I recommend WeBelieveWeVote.com as a website with a number of non-partisan resources available for your review. [Pastor’s name]”
Join the Mailing List on the website to receive the Voter Recommendation by email so you can forward to your personal contacts as a private citizen.
Together for Christ and Community,
Pastors from Diverse Congregations (see list below)
“God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are a gift from God?” [1781, Jefferson’s Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII]
“The church must take right ground in regards to politics….The time has come for Christians to vote for honest men, and take consistent ground in politics or the Lord will curse them…God cannot sustain this free and blessed country, which we love and pray for, unless the Church will take right ground. Politics are a part of a religion in such a country as this, and Christians must do their duty to their country as a part of their duty to God… God will bless or curse this nation according to the course Christians take in politics.” Charles Finney in America’s God and Country by William J. Federer
Pastors encourage their congregations to vote for good reasons.
God Instituted Civil Government and Purposed it to
- Provide social order. Dt 1:15-16, 10:12-13; 17:14-20
- Preserve human dignity. Genesis 4:9-15, 5:1
- Protect peace. I Timothy 2:1-2; Proverbs 11:14
- Promote Justice. Psalms 82:2-4; Daniel 4:27; Romans 13:3
- Punish evil, praise goodness. Romans 13: 3-7; I Peter 2:13-14; Proverbs 14:34
Civic Leaders are God’s Servants and Are Called to Rule Righteously
- In Romans 13:4-6, God says that rulers are God’s servants who carry a sword (authority). For this, we pay taxes to support governing authorities who are God’s servants, giving their full time to governing.
- In Exodus 18:21 and Deuteronomy 16:18-20, God says to select capable and trustworthy men who fear God and hate dishonest gain and appoint them as officials.
God Calls Christians to Be Active Citizens
- Christians are to pray for the nation’s leaders (1Timothy 2:1-4).
- Christians are to pay taxes (Matthew 22:21).
- Christians are to follow the law, submitting to “every authority instituted among men…” (1 Peter 2:13-14; Romans 13:2-5).
- Christians are to show authorities proper respect (Romans 13:4).
- Christians are to stand up and speak out when man’s law conflicts with God’s law as Peter and the Apostles did in Acts 5:29.
Why Christians Should Vote
- God says to “select capable men from all the people — men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain — and appoint them as officials (Exodus 18:21 emphasis added). In America, we have the privilege of voting our leaders into service.
- God says Christians are the “salt of the earth” and we can help influence public policy for good when we vote for leaders who share our values (Matthew 5:13).
- Silence in the face of evil is sin (Proverbs 24:11); but Christians in this country can speak out with their vote, as well as their voice.
[Taken from “Biblical roles of Government and Citizenship” www.libertyinstitute.org]
“Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.” Samuel Adams, Founding Father
Churches RECOMMENDING We Believe We Vote as a Church resource:
(Mt Spokane Church) One Valley
Dishman Baptist Church
Grace Christian Fellowship North Campus
Otis Orchards Community Church Efc
Southside Christian Church
Valley Landmark Missionary Baptist Church
Victory Faith Fellowship
Windsor Baptist Church
Christ’s Church of Deer Park
Greenacres Baptist Church
Open Heart Chapel
Liberty Baptist Church
Orchard Christian Fellowship
Spokane Faith Center
Beyond Grace Fellowship
Chattaroy Community Church
Christ Our Hope Bible Church
Christian Life Church
Church Of God Seventh Day
City Life Church
Community Church of the Bible
Crestline Baptist Church
Faith Baptist Church
New Covenant Fellowship Church
New Creation Fellowship
New Hope Bible Church
New Vision Lutheran Church
North Addison Baptist Church
Northview Bible Church
Red Bench Bible Church
Ridgeview Christian Center
Sheltering Tree Church
Shiloh Hills Fellowship
South Hill Bible Church
Southside Christian Church
Spangle Community Church
Spokane Baptist Church
Spokane Christian Center
Spokane Dream Center
Spokane First Assembly of God
Spokane First Church of the Nazarene
Spring Hill Bible Church
St. Matthew’s Lutheran
Sun City Church
Suncrest Family Worship Center
The intersection Open Bible
Timberview Christian Fellowship
Tri-County Christian Center
Truth in Love Christian Fellowship
Turning Point Open Bible
Union gospel Mission
Valley Assembly of God
Valley Bible Church
Word of Life
Zion Christian Center
Family of Faith Community Church
Fellowship Church of God
First Southern Baptist Church- Deer Park
Five Mile Community Church
Fountain Gate Christian Fellowship
Free Indeed Ministries
Grace Christian Fellowship Central Campus
Greenacres Christian Fellowship
Lake Spokane Community Church
Life Center Foursquare Church
Life River Fellowship
Life Springs Fellowship Church of God
Medical Lake Baptist Church
Medical Lake Community Church
MOUNT ST. MICHAEL
Mountian View Assembly of God
New Beginnings Christian Church
Airway Heights Babtist
Berean Bible Church
Church of Berachah
***If you’d like to share this letter with other pastors, please click here to download and print: New Pastor to pastor letter of recommendation for WBWV